Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Jesus Way...

I'm reading a book entitled, The Jesus Way: a conversation of the ways that Jesus is the way, by Eugene Peterson (author of The Message). It is one of those books that really takes me in, not only through the message of the book but also through the style of writing. Mind you, if you want a "fluff" read to reinforce your own world-view, or if you're looking for sugar-coated Christianity...well, you'd do better to read something else or someone else. Like all of the Peterson books I've read, The Jesus Way is challenging, confronting, and at the same time a delight to read.

If you are looking for a good read this Fall or for during the winter months, and you're not afraid to have your world-view challenged a bit, I recommend you take up The Jesus Way. It's the kind of book that you can hardly sit to read a chapter--that's almost too much. I'm reading pieces...a little a time, digesting, turning over, pondering. A church staff would benefit of doing an extended book study...but it seems dangerous--it's the kind of book that can really do a number on a church. But, I think it'd be worth it.

Hope that your reading is going well. If you find a really good read, let me know. I'm out of the loop on this end...and have to trust the suggestions of people on that side to let me know what is new, what is good. Happy reading!

No comments: