Friday, April 13, 2012

Gratitude...

The morning sun rises to greet the new day.  Gentle winds blow in off the Gulf.  Birds sing, celebrating the new day and joy of life.  All of these work together on my mind and my soul to bring waves of peace and contentment washing over me.  I am so amazingly blessed in this life, yet I have neglected of late to give thanks, to say how grateful I am for all that God gives me.

Thank you, God, for my very life ~ that I may know and experience You and Your Creation;
for my wife ~ my very best friend who is always beside me;
for my children, who bring me so much joy and fill me with hope;
for our home ~ a place of love, laughter and escape;
for work that both allows me to live out my strengths and gifts and challenges me and grows me;
...and for all the other elements of life that You provide through love and livelihood ~ friends, neighbors, co-workers, a car, clothes, maple syrup, education, computers, coffee, cell phone, fans, running water, paper and pen...and every other thing that brings joy to life. 
May my first glimpse of the sun each day remind me to give thanks to You for all the blessings I have received.
Amen.

No comments: